Are you open to channeling your maximalist side?
Well, if you are then prints and bold colors are the way to go. Fold and put away the usual neutral colors and add some character to your dress code.
Block dresses are the best option if you are thinking of adding some color to your wardrobe. Switch up your casual single colored sweater dresses with a burst of color. Block dresses are captivating and very unique.
This guide will give you an outlook on the best color block dresses of all time.
The beauty of color block dresses
Are you trying to create an illusion of a slim waist or a curvy body? This fit takes advantage of shapes to create the right illusion. Most of the time the shape is filled in with a slimming color such as a black; it could be a black bold line or black squares on the sides of the dress that creates the illusion of a slim waist.
It is clear that dark colors and black absorb light making them good for camouflage. This is known as receding. They recede by shrinking or hiding parts of the body that you do not want to draw attention to such as thick thighs, thick hips or a tummy. The beauty about color block dresses is that you could get a dress that has black or a dark color in the area that you want to shrink. This creates comfort and will definitely boost your self-esteem.
On the other hand, bright or light colors advance or highlight an area. This will draw attention to the area making it appear larger. You have the power to mix dark and bright colors to give you any illusion that you want Only color block dresses can help you control this illusion.
The Nine Best color block dresses of all time
- Color block dresses with creative line. They are artistic and have the ability to create a tall and slimming illusion depending on how the lines run. They are colorful and keep a person’s eyes engaged. This means that they draw focus away from a single trouble area on the body. It is good for hiding a tummy and thick thighs.
- Color block dresses that are black and white. This dress is good for camouflaging an area and highlighting another. It is good for people who want to create a curvy illusion. The white section will highlight and enlarge, while the black section will reduce. It works well for women with thick thighs and smaller chests, and vice versa.
- The classic color block dress. What comes to mind when you hear the term ‘color block’? Many colors, right? Well, this is the classic color block. As you choose the best color block dress in this section, make sure that the area you want to highlight most has a bright color. Most of the dresses in this section have brighter colors around the shoulders and neck area. This is good for those who want to bring some attention to their face. The darker colors are mostly found in the mid-section.
- Color block dress with geometrical lines. These are very common. They have geometrical lines and shapes such as a square, triangle, and a rhombus, among others. All these perform different functions. Most of the time, triangles are used to create a slimming illusion and are located at the mid-section. The square and rhombus are mainly used for on the chest and lower part of the dress to create an illusion of a curvy body. Thick black or dark lines are used at the waist to give an illusion of a small waist.
- Tri-color blocking dresses. This dress is good for people who are uncomfortable with wearing multi-colored clothes. They have three colors that are perfectly blended in with geometrical lines and shapes to distinguish each color. These are good for sweater dresses and occasions that do not need a lot of dressing effort.
- Vertical color block dresses. These dresses are commonly used for official occasions. Normally, the dress has colors that run vertically and are strategically placed to meet the needs of the person wearing it. For example, the dress could be red and have black running on its sides. If the wearer wants to seem more slim, the black or dark color on the sides will give an illusion of a slim body and will blend well with the bright color at the center as it does this.
- Twist color block dress. A twist color block dress has a twist at the front center that gives the dress a little shape. It is good for pairing two colors. The colors should come from a similar category such as bright, dark, or neutral. This is the best color block dress for making an impression. It works well for all body types and is good for making statements. For example, you could pair peach with carnation or watermelon. It flows with the silhouette making the wearer look attractive and boosts confidence. It could be short or long depending on the impression you seek to make. Thus, it is good for dates, high class occasions and casual occasions.
- Zipped color block dress. Dresses in this category appear a little bit sporty and are best for outdoor occasions such as picnics. They focus on comfort rather than playing with illusions and making statements. This makes them good for family gatherings and going about your daily chores.
- Mini color block dress. The beauty about this dress is that it fits all weather. During the summer and spring, it works well when worn alone with sandals, closed-toe shoes or boots. On the other hand, during the winter and autumn season it could be paired over a pair of jeans or bold colored pants. This versatility makes it good for traveling and controlling hoarding.
As you can see, color block dresses are fit for any occasion, body type, season and mood. You no longer have to worry about feeling uncomfortable with your body type; let color block dresses work out all the kinks. Get in touch with your inner maximalist and switch up your wardrobe with a range of the best color block dresses in history. Dressing up just became a little more fun.