Lounge pants evoke feelings of comfort, contentment, and luxury. Usually, when I come back from work or other outings, the first thing I want to do is take off those constricting clothing. So first I unbutton the first two bottoms of my jeans and then exhale, you know let out that belly I’ve been holding in all day long.
And then I breathe in deeply. I know you can relate. Next, I slip into something more comfortable. Well, usually that easy wear would be an old pair of gym shorts and maybe an oversized shirt. Not to say that this is not good, but it can be better. And it did get better when I discovered GYS Women’s bamboo sleep pants.
You may also be interested:
- Best Jogger Pants For Women
- Best Lululemon Pants For Women
- Best Yoga Pants For Women
- Best Leggings for Women
Won’t you like to feel like a queen? Be pampered all evening just because you put on a certain material? Well, that’s what loungewear is for. And really clothing lines and makers alike have caught unto this bug. They are outdoing themselves with these new products in the market.
They come in all shades and patterns, all shapes and sizes. There’s something for just Netflix and chill, or when one wants to roll in-between the sheets. There are even athleisure lounge pants; you could wear at home and then pair with heels if you’re going to go out.
Due to the various choices available, it might be difficult for you to make a good choice, that’s where we come in. We’ve tested and tried out a lot of lounge pants for women, and in this article, we’ll be sharing some of the ten best with you
Do you know the thing about bamboo fabrics? They are extremely soft. If you have not tried one before you might be surprised at the softness of the fabric. And that’s what the GYS Women’s Bamboo sleep pants brings to the table, softness like never before, comfort and luxury. These lounge pants from GYS are a bit stretchy, just the right amount of stretchy we think.
These lounge bottoms are versatile; they can be used for yoga (that’s why they are stretchy), can be used as evening wear or just nightwear. They have been made such that they do not shrink on washing and they also don’t bunch up the leg when someone is lying or sitting with legs on the sofa.
This fabric is made from Viscose gotten from bamboo and then Incorporated with 5% spandex to make it stretchy.
The material is very soft, lightweight, and breathable; this means that it is perfect for summer, will absorb sweat and dry quickly.
These female lounge pants are straight-legged, and they come with drawstrings, 30.5-degree inseam, mid-rise and comes with no pocket.
- These pants come in various colors. They are also very lightweight than you feel comfortable in them, but not so thin that you’re not adequately covered.
- Stretchy and soft, therefore they are very versatile. Great for lounging, and great for doing yoga
- You won’t be able to enjoy the softness of this fabric in winter; this is because it is too lightweight. Not to worry though, when the weather gets colder, fold it in preparation for summer months.
- One more thing. It lacks side pockets!
Have you been looking for a pair of pants that are so comfortable you could lounge in, but also trendy and stylish enough that you could style with sneakers and even heels? Athleta it is. Now here’s the true definition of versatility. These are the kind of pants that are used for athleisure. That means it can serve as loungewear, sportswear or even outing wear; they are great for both leisure and travel. The Athleta pants are that great. They are made from cashmere, so this comes with a lot of comfort and luxury.
Made from cashmere which was gotten from the Kashmir goats of Tibetan highlands. So you should expect softness, warmth, but yet very lightweight fabric.
These joggers are made in straight-legged style. Custom made to fit, but not very snug on the body, relaxed actually. This lounge pant comes with an easily adjustable drawstring, midrise and then wide waistbands. It just screams comfort. Comes in one color Taupe.
- The fabric is made from cashmere; therefore, it is very soft, comfy, and luxurious.
- These pairs of lounge pants are very versatile; they can be used for a wide array of purposes and also paired with a wide variety of clothing styles.
- These pairs of Athleta joggers come with two pockets, back pockets, actually great especially when you have to be out and about.
- Comes in only one color, Taupe. For you ladies who don’t care for this color or already have loungewear in Taupe, this could be a deal-breaker.
- Come just in two sizes, medium and large.
- Hand wash only could be damaged by machine wash.
These sweatpants have been touted for its longevity. I remember one of us at the office bought this lounge pants; just at about the time, we were testing these products to get the best ones. After six months and an innumerable number of washings, the pants is just precisely the same way it was bought. It hasn’t shrunk; neither has it stretched due to use. The elastic band on the waist and the bottom hasn’t slackened. Yeah, a quick reminder, this pant comes tapered at the bottom, at the ankle for those who love this kind of style and of course has large pockets. Another thing of note for this pant is the thickness of its fabric and also the softness that it comes with.
Comes in a myriad of colors, viz, blue, black, grey, charcoal and more.
These lounge pants are semi-fitted and then tapered at the ankle, with a wide elastic band both at the ankle and at the waist. Then they also come with easily adjustable drawstring closure.
Light grey; 54% polyester, 36% cotton, and 10% spandex. Solid colour: 88% Cotton and 12% Spandex. Charcoal: 50% Cotton, 36% Polyester and 14% Spandex.
It can be worn for jogs, yoga, and other kinds of workouts and definitely around the house.
- It is soft, super soft actually and very comfy. And it comes with pockets! Too many women lounge pants for some reason lack pockets, but the makers of Baleaf have been listening to their customers
- The size is made to fit; therefore, you don’t have to upsize or downsize, buy your size.
- These pants are tapered at the ankles; therefore, they’ll serve you well, especially for workouts, yoga, and other physical activities.
- Comes with large pockets at the side, great for keeping stuff such as keys, loose change and of course mobile phones.
Do you love wide slacks kind of pants, then perhaps you’d like this lounge pajama pants from CYZ. These pants give you room to lounge in absolute luxury as you go about your daily activities. This pant is very comfortable, lightweight, breathable, and gentle on the skin. Made majorly from knit cotton and 5% Elastane, this fabric has the right amount of stretch to ease your movement. The CYZ lounge pant is perfect for running errands around the house, sitting to watch TV or even as a pajama. It comes in a lightweight, absorbent material that you could wear out of the house. After putting mine on for the first time, I never wanted to take it off; they are that comfortable.
These women’s sweat pants come in various colors, charcoal, black, grey, blue; there’s something for everyone.
The CYZ women’s casual stretch pants come with elastic at the waistband and also a drawstring, useful for fastening this trouser to your waist.
These comfortable lounge pants come in various material blends, all soft and comfy. They come in a mixture of Cotton, Elastane, and Viscose, depending on the color.
- This material is luxuriously soft, it feels great against the skin, and it is also lightweight. Come in various colors; therefore, there’s something for everyone.
- This pajama bottoms come with wide elastic at the waist and drawstrings to help fit the wearer properly.
- Ideal for both sleepwear and loungewear.
- They lack pockets
- These pants are low rise; therefore, those who are big might not find it fitting enough.
- They run big, so you might want to downsize when ordering.
- Will shrink if ran through the dryer, it is better to hang it to dry
All ye print lovers, get in here, this is one lounge pants you might fall in love with. It comes with a wide leg palazzo style, that’s even an extra reason to love it, especially from those who love palazzo style. So why should you consider buying this? Well first it is a very comfy pair of pants, comfort is everything right? If this is true for you, then we think that you might love this pair of pants.
This high waist, pair of palazzo pants come in prints of various colors. There’s Khaki, Yellow, Red, Grey, Dark Grey, Light Grey, and more colors: it also features a drawstring for some extra comfort.
These palazzo lounge pants come in two blend variations. 85% polyester, and 15% cotton, 92% polyester, 8% spandex. The spandex makes these pants quite stretchy while the polyester will make it long-lasting and dry quickly. For the cotton part, that would be responsible for absorbing sweat and also for comfort.
It comes in sizes from S to 3XL.
- Super comfortable and super stylish pair of pants
- Comes in attractive floral prints and in many colors too
- Lightweight and just strong enough to accept machine wash. In fact, the mild machine though is recommended. It would keep you fresh even on hot summer days.
- Comes with drawstring, and a wide bottom, for extra snugness and extra comfort
- These pants will not lose their shape even after many washes.
- Attention was paid to details; the stitches are beautiful and perfect and also durable.
- The sizes run big, especially the US sizes, so you might have to downsize; otherwise, you’d be amazed at how big the product you get might be
- Has the same flaw most female lounge pants have; it lacks pockets. It doesn’t make it very useful outside of the house.
- These lounge pants don’t come in solid colors; they only come in print. Therefore, if you do not care about print, well this might not just be for you.
So who says loungewear can’t be sexy? I’m a proponent for sexy, and at times that’s all we are in the mood for. This sexy loungewear will just put you in that sexy frame of mind. It is a set, sleeveless, v neck lingerie top and bottom. And it comes at a very affordable price.
Made from faux silk, Rayon to be precise
Comes in 3 solid colors of ivory, pink and red
This sexy sleepwear comes in 3 sizes, Medium, large, and extra-large.
- Here’s a sexy loungewear (made lingerie style), great for those times when you’re in the mood for some in-between the sheets times with your spouse.
- It comes with top and bottom that go together. And all these at a very affordable price.
- The material is lightweight, soft on the skin, and easy to take care of.
- It can be machine or hand washed.
- It comes in three colors; if you don’t care for any of the three available colors, then you might need to shop for another product.
- The fabric is made from rayon, so this is sleep/ bed wear as it is not made durable enough to be worn around the house or for running errands.
This product has received rave feedback, so much so that it is now an Amazon choice product. This lounge pant from Viosi is that good. Now, what’s so loved about this product. First is the softness of the product. You’d almost never want to take it off after wearing it for the first time. It is soft and very comfy, it kind of reminds me of better times, in the past and the future. These boot cut pants come with a thick waistband. And the waistbands come in various colors, to spice up the look of the cloth.
This material comes with okay thickness, thick enough to cover the essentials, but light enough that it is breathable and can be worn on a hot summer day.
These lounge pants come flared at the legs; they can be used for yoga, as loungewear and also as sleepwear.
This Viosi yoga pant is made from a special blend of cotton and spandex. 92% cotton and 8% spandex, this gives us a stretchy and yet comfortable material.
It’s available in several sizes, from small to 2x large. These pants are designed with long legs as per customers’ requests. However, it still has a different set for petite women. The measuring for this one is smaller, and it ends at XL as opposed to 2X which the regular sizing ends with.
The style is flared at the legs or boot cut as some people call it.
- The Viosi lounge pants are lightweight, soft, and breathable.
- They are versatile, due to the boot cut, they can be paired with platform slips, sneakers, and even boots when one wants to go out.
- The designers of this loungewear took both regular and petite people into consideration while manufacturing this wear.
- The material is not as long-lasting as expected. After frequent use and washing for a few months, holes and chaffing around the thigh region may start to develop.
- Doesn’t come with pockets, neither does it come with drawstrings, therefore it has been known to ride down, mainly when used as an active wear.
Amazon has gotten into the clothing game, and they really seem to be a game-changer. They are reputed for providing high quality wears at good prices. This fleece jogger sweatpant is not different; it is high-quality straight cut loungewear. This wear is great for both running errands in the house, working out and even going out on the street. The material is soft, Terry cotton is soft, and this is no exception. These particular lounge pants are loved by all who wear them; this is because it is soft, cozy, and of course, the brand is trusted.
It comes in a Myriad of colors, from charcoal to grey, pink, red and many more in between.
This lounge pants from Amazon comes in 4 sizes, x-small, small, medium, and large.
Comes with an elastic waistband and also feature a drawstring, so this can help fit snugly on the waist and hips.
- Made to actual size, which therefore eliminates the need for upsizing or downsizing.
- It comes with drawstrings, pockets and of course large bands for a better fit.
- Available in several fun colors
- These bottoms are made from Terry cotton; therefore, they are soft, cozy, and feels very good on the skin.
When it comes to loungewear, HDE is one brand which has stamped its name in the hearts of many. Not just for how soft and comfortable their products are, but also for the quality which it is made from.
These PJ bottoms come in several color and print patterns. So whether you are a fan of bold colors or a print master, you’ll find something you love. They fit a little snugly at the hips and then are flared at the legs, more like a bell bottom. If you’re looking for something soft, but yet stylish, then this could just be it.
Made from a blend of 97% cotton and 3% Spandex.
Comes in a variety of colors and a variety of print patterns
Tapered at the hips and waist and then flared at the bottom. Made from soft cotton material, features an elastic waistband and then easily adjustable drawstrings.
Comes available in size small to 3xtra large.
- Soft, stylish, and long-lasting. Great for lounging, for sleepwear and even for active wear around the house.
- These lounge pants are available in many colors and print design. If you are into prints, well you have something that you might like, and if you’re a fan of solid colors, there’s something for you.
- The material is soft, gentle on the skin, and very breathable; it is also a little bit stretchy.
- HDE women’s lounge pants come in various sizes, and it is true to size, so no need to bother about downsizing.
- One major con is that it doesn’t come with pockets; apart from that, these pants are made close to perfection.
Made from French Terry, which we all love for its softness, these loungewear bottoms are comfort personified. It’s soft, cozy, really mild on the skin and breathable. If you live in warmer parts of the world or you’re looking for something for summer, this is something you should try out. The wear comes straight cut and then features a bit or tapering at the ankle with a band there.
If you love Mae products, you may like this one too. Mae has distinguished itself as one of the top makers of comfortable wears and intimates; this loungewear is another quality product from them.
Made from a blend of polyester, Rayon, and Spandex, in the percentages 63%, 33%, and 4%. Polyester gives the material durability; rayon is responsible for softness while Spandex makes it stretchy.
It comes in only marble color, with a black band at the waist and at the ankle.
Comes with wide ribbed waistband, drawstrings for extra fitting if needed and finally tapering at the ankle.
- Very soft and breathable, the style is trendy and versatile, not only can it be worn around the house, but it can also be worn outside for working out or just for running errands.
- Comes with Cuffs at the ankles, and a wide band at the waist, and finally drawstring to make it easy to fit.
- Comes in only one color, print kind of marble. If you’re not into this sort of coloring, you might want to opt for another brand.
- This comfortable wear bottom comes in only one size, large. To make sure this cloth doesn’t ride too long, then perhaps you should be about 5’9″ or thereabout.
How to Take Care of Lounge Wear
A lot of loungewear materials are made of blends. Rayon blended with polyester; Cotton blended with spandex and viscose and many others. But usually cotton comes in the biggest percentage, and once you have taken care of the cotton part you are good to go.
Well basically to take care of your fabrics all you need to do is to follow the instructions on the back of the cloth. If it says machine wash only you do, if it says tumble dry low, you do.
Of course, sometimes the care instruction is not on your loungewear, for some reason, so what do you do?
How to Care for Cotton
If cotton is the primary material the product is made from, then you will care for your loungewear as though you were caring for cotton. Cotton is quite a fragile material that is why it is sometimes paired with other materials to give it some durability.
Wash Dark Colours Separately
It’s effortless for cotton to take color; therefore, you should be careful as you wash your clothes. Those colorful ones or dark colors should be washed separately. Whites together, lighter colors like grey, ash should be washed together. And so on.
First, when using a machine to wash your cotton cloth, set it to warm. Now if your fabric is preshrunk, you can put it in the dryer and be sure it’s not going to shrink. However, if it is not preshrunk, dry it in the air; otherwise, your clothes might shrink, and you will be unable to use it.
If you’re not sure whether your cloth is preshrunk or not, then it is safe to assume that it is not preshrunk.
Care for Polyester Fabrics
Some lounge clothes are made from polyester, with a blend of other materials. Polyester is a tough material; it lasts longer and can take a lot of abuse.
How to Care For Polyester
Polyester can be machine washed with warm water.
Be careful when drying, use tumble dry with low temperature; otherwise, your polyester might shrink.
How to Care for Silk Fabrics
It’s not uncommon for loungewear to come in silk, especially if the cloth is just designed as a nightwear or perhaps will double serve the role as some sexy nightwear. The reason is that silk is soft and feels very luxurious.
Silk is a delicate fabric and expensive too, so treat with care. To begin, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for care. So if you are asked to machine wash it, then that’s what you should do. An alternative to that though would be washing with hand. Now you should use a mild soap if you are to wash with hand, in a very gentle manner though. However, if the care instructions say machine wash only, then that’s what you should do.
Remember never to bleach your silk with chlorine. It is difficult to take care of silk stains, so be careful with your silk. If you have stains on your silk, you might prefer to take it to a professional dry cleaner.
If you want to wash your silk by hand, you should test for colorfastness. How you do this is to take a wet white piece of cloth and dab on a hidden part of your silk fabric. That is a part that’s not seen. If the color bleeds unto the white fabric, then you know it is not colorfast, and therefore it should be dry cleaned.
Don’t put it in the dryer and also when ironing, use a low-temperature setting.
FAQ on Lounge Wears For Women
My lounge clothes are so comfortable that I will like to wear them out of the house. How do I style them?
We get that a lot of people want to enjoy their lounge bottoms outside the house, but the styling is the issue. So ideally, loungewear which is very light is exactly not great for outdoor wear, the materials might not be strong enough, so they might not stand the strain of washing and all. Also, bear in mind that not all loungewear is a comfortable wear, some are pajamas, and should be kept that way. There are a few occasion though that you could actually wear it out.
It’s better to wear the heaving loungewear out. Those styles with tapered ankles are the ones trending at the moment. Remember it’s athleisure, so anyone that looks good can be paired with sneakers or even heels. You can pair them with plain white tees, tank tops, crew shirts, sweatshirts, and even polo shirts.
How Do I Care For My Lounge Wears?
When I check through all the materials lounge pants are made of I always see spandex, are these essential loungewear materials?
Most of us know that cotton is soft and absorbent and that’s why it’s present in the highest percentages in loungewear. Spandex is a brand name; it’s just like Elastane. It is a stretch material; therefore, it is responsible for the stretchiness that lounge wears come with.
Lounge pants are for everyone, and at the moment they hold such an essential place in our wardrobes. The above-listed brands are not an exhaustive list of loungewear brands, but these are some of the best brands/products available as at the time we compiled this report.